A user reports that the color on the Comment annotation disappears and the header of a created Comment annotation change to white on all her documents. Why does this issue happen?
The annotation color selection retains in the Browser. Clearing those cookies results in losing the custom annotation color. When the cookie for the user's preferred annotation color corrupts an invalid color index persists as the annotation's notes color.
The annotations with invalid formatting can be identified by Comment annotations with white headers.
To resolve this issue, the user needs to repair invalid annotations formatting by following the below steps:
- Select the annotation and click its Edit option in the ellipsis menu.
- Edit the selected color of the annotation to Another color than what is currently selected.
- Save the annotation.
- Again, select the annotation and click its Edit option in the ellipsis menu.
- Revert it back to the originally selected color.
- Vault Help Documentation: Annotating Documents --> Related Permissions
- Vault Knowledge Article: Vault Annotation Color Selection is not Saved
- Vault Knowledge Article: Why Annotation Colors Change to Default in PromoMats?