How can customers safely change the Approved Email sending domain in Veeva CRM, to avoid unexpected impacts of the organization-wide change?
Additionally, if a customer wants to stop using an existing Approved Email Sending Domain to send Approved Email, and instead wants to move to a new Sending Domain or subdomain, they must open a Support ticket with Veeva CRM Support to register a new Approved Email sending domain. Once the new domain is set up in Mailgun by Veeva CRM Support, the appropriate DNS records are set up by the customer in their domain hosting, and the DNS records have been validated by CRM Support, the customer can add the new sending domain to their Org and/or Email Templates.
In order to change the Approved Email sending domain in Veeva CRM without unexpected impacts, customers should be aware of the following:
- If the Approved Email sending domain is changed in the Veeva CRM Approved Email Settings online, either at the global level or at a Profile-specific level, offline CRM users must run an Incremental Sync on their devices in order to sync down the domain change. A Database Refresh is not required.
- If offline CRM users do not sync down a domain change made in Approved Email Settings online, any Approved Email, Approved Email feature, or Approved Email Entry Point will still work from the offline device but will use the previous Approved Email sending domain.
- Approved Email sending domains can also be set on individual Email Templates, in Vault. The domain field must be mapped from Vault to CRM, and is then stored on the Email_Domain_vod__c field on Approved Documents in CRM. If this method is chosen to set a sending domain for a specific template, this sending domain will be used for the email instead of the Approved Email Domain set in Approved Email Settings. If customers change the sending domains on Email Templates, they must re-sync from Vault to CRM and have offline device users sync down the latest versions of the Email Templates to their devices.
In planning the timing of an Approved Email sending domain change, customers can either:
- Have offline device users run an Incremental Sync as soon as possible after changing sending domains online so that users begin sending email with the new domain quickly, or
- Allow offline device users to continue to send email from the previously configured sending domain until their next Incremental Sync.
If users decide to go with the first of these two options, customers should plan ahead with Sales Teams and other offline device users regarding a planned Incremental Sync. Customers can choose to temporarily freeze Users online or force users to run a Database Refresh using the Force Full Refresh field on the User records.
It is strongly recommended to test any options around scheduling a switchover to a new sending domain and the new sending domain itself in a Sandbox Org before making the change in Production. This includes testing Approved Email-related solutions such as Custom Triggers, Flows, Workflows, Approval Processes, and Process Builders.
CRM Help Documentation:
- Creating a Sending Domain
- Approved Email Entry Points
- Using Incremental Sync
- Using Forced Full Refresh
- Sync Overview
- Can a CRM Approved Email Sending Domain be Deleted from Veeva's Email Sending Partner?
- How to Find Configured Sending Domains in Veeva CRM?
- Veeva Support Ticket Priority and Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.