Can an Approved Email sending domain be deleted from Mailgun, Veeva's email sending partner, after being created and used for Approved Email?
Once an Approved Email sending domain has been set up with Mailgun, it must not be deleted.
Veeva will not delete, deactivate, inactivate, remove, decommission, or otherwise disconnect Approved Email sending domains from Mailgun's systems once the domain has been set up for Approved Email.
Additionally, customers must retain the DNS records that were provided by Veeva and set up in the customer's Domain Hosting for any Approved Email sending domains.
The reasons for this are as follows:
- Deleting an Approved Email sending domain negatively impacts all email that has already been sent through Mailgun on that domain.
- Tracking of Opens and Clicks in sent Approved Emails from a specific domain will no longer function if the sending domain is deleted from Mailgun.
- Veeva-generated token links such as Surveys, Double Opt-In, Engage Meeting, and Unsubscribe links will no longer function if the sending domain is deleted from Mailgun.
- The Suppression List at Mailgun for the sending domain is deleted if the domain is deleted from Mailgun.
- Approved Email and its related functionalities including Approved Email Entry Points will not work without a sending domain configured.
Changing Approved Email Domains
Customers wishing to move to a new sending domain for Approved Email should open a Support ticket with Veeva CRM Support to register a new Approved Email sending domain.
Specific steps for reconfiguring Orgs and users to move to the new sending domain can be found in the Related Documentation below.
CRM Help Documentation: Creating a Sending Domain
- How to Find Configured Approved Email Sending Domains in Veeva CRM?
- How to Safely Change the Approved Email Sending Domain in Veeva CRM?
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.