How Does the Bulk Translation Tool Work in PromoMats?
The Bulk Translation tool consolidates a list of messages or labels for translation. The tool allows exporting a file with the information, updating the translations or entering new ones, and importing the improved file to Vault PromoMats.
- The exported bulk translation file is editable in Excel™, any translation software or text editor
- The bulk translation tool always exports files as tab-delimited UTF-16 files
- Only use Save when editing in Microsoft Excel™ and don't use Save as. To move or rename the file, the user has to use their operating system instead of the Excel's™ Save as option
- The exported file can only include one language at a time
- The imported file can include multiple languages. Vault read the language value separately for each row
- Ensure that translations are consistent. Different translations for the same string (single unit of translation) can result in Vault not functioning properly
- Vault does not include these characters in the file name of an export:
- Only messages and labels editable directly by Admins are included in this tool. Examples: Field Labels, Notification Messages, User Account Emails and Role Labels
- The update date labels are not used at the import. They can be used for filtering in Excel™
- Changes to the base labels, blank and unchanged rows, and rows with unrecognized languages codes are ignored when importing the file
- The feature is only available for Vault-supported languages
Vault Help Documentation: About Bulk Translation
Knowledge articles: What are the Supported Languages in PromoMats and MedComms?
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.