How can users improve the performance of Vault Collaborative Authoring sessions?
Files larger than 100 pages, and files edited by more than 10 authors are more likely to impact the performance of sessions in Word. With that said, users should verify that the performance issue is not only impacting a user on one single device, as local workstation issues can also cause these problems.
The following can be tried:
- Disabling autosave, if relevant based on the above
- Breaking the files up into smaller documents or reducing the amount of authors, if relevant based on the above
- Reporting performance issues to internal IT
- Reviewing Microsoft documentation such as the below
- Contacting Microsoft Support
Once a document is opened in Word, performance can not be increased by modifications on Vault side.
In case performance issues are experienced in the user interface of Vault and not only in Word, please contact Vault Product Support.
The technical limits of Word can be found in the article linked below.
Vault Help Documentation: