A recent public report exposed two security concerns related to the native Zoom MacOS client. Veeva CRM Engage Meeting and Webinar do not leverage this client or its related SDKs. Veeva and Zoom have concluded that Engage Meeting and Webinar are not exposed to the reported Zoom security issues.
- A public report exposed two security issues with the native Zoom MacOS client.
- You can learn more about the issues from Zoom’s official statement: https://blog.zoom.us/wordpress/2019/07/08/response-to-video-on-concern/
- Veeva customers, prospects and partners might be concerned with the potential impact on Veeva CRM Engage Meeting and Webinar as they leverage multiple Zoom Software Development Kits (SDKs).
- Veeva and Zoom have conducted extended analysis of potential impact on all Veeva products.
- The reported security concerns are only related to the native Zoom MacOS client.
- Only two Veeva products are currently utilizing Zoom components: Veeva CRM Engage Meeting and Webinar. Neither of them is leveraging the native Zoom MacOS client or the related MacOS SDK.
- SDKs which are used by Engage Meeting and Webinar are not exposed to the reported Zoom security issues.
- Both Veeva and Zoom believes that these issues are isolated and have no impact to Engage Meeting and Webinar products.
- There is no possibility that any Engage Meeting or Webinar user could have been affected by these issues in the past.
- There are no actions required by Engage Meeting or Webinar customers.
- Veeva is happy to provide more details or address any additional concerns. Please contact Stephanie Shaw or Povilas Petkevicius for more information.
- For reference, Zoom has provided an official statement on the issues: https://blog.zoom.us/wordpress/2019/07/08/response-to-video-on-concern/.