How can Admins copy a Portal with its contents in Vault?
When an Admin copies a Portal, Vault will also copy the Portal Widgets related to that Portal. However, Portal Widget Contents will not be copied. This creates a blank Portal ready to be configured.
If the Admin needs to copy contents as well, they will need to separately copy the Portal Widget Contents and relate the copied record to the Portal Widget related to the newly created Portal.
To copy Portal Widget Contents:
- Navigate to Business Admin --> Portals.
- Create a copy of the source Portal and rename it.
- Navigate to Business Admin --> Portal Widgets.
- The Portal Widgets have been copied automatically. Note, the name of the copied Widgets matches the original name, however, the Portal is different.
Rename the copied Portal Widget. This makes it easier to identify in step 8. Note: If Admins choose not to change the name of the Portal Widget, they will need to be sure to select the correct Portal Widget that was associated with the new copied Portal in step 8.
- Navigate to Business Admin --> Portal Widget Contents.
- Copy the Portal Widget Content record(s) that need to be associated with this new Portal.
- When creating the new Portal Widget Content record, change the Portal Widget field to match the newly named Portal Widget. Note, when creating the copy, the original Portal Widget previously associated with the Portal Widget Content record is selected by default.
- Repeat steps 5-8 for each Portal Widget Content record that needs to be copied.
Vault Help Documentation: