The Veeva Support Portal is the first place our customers can go to find Veeva Product Support information. It has been redesigned to organize content to make content more findable and easier to browse. The Support Portal is designed to provide a complete Self-Service option for Veeva customers enabling them to find answers to questions and help resolve problems quickly.
The Veeva Support Portal is now open for access. Anyone can browse the contents of the portal without logging in. However, if a ticket is to be opened or a post is made to the Community, the user will be asked to supply login credentials.
When the user accesses the Support Portal, they are positioned on the Knowledge page and see the following banner at the top of the page:
The Support Portal provides the following sections:
- Knowledge - The Home page provides access to the product Knowledge Base (KB) which contains problem solution articles for common Product problems or questions. In addition, the Knowledge page provides links to the Veeva Trust site, Salesforce.com (SFDC) Trust site, Alerts, Product Support Policy, Release Notes and more!
- Tickets - This link allows a customer to open a Support Ticket and manage existing tickets. Note: The user must be logged-in in order to create and manage tickets.
- Documentation - This link opens a KB article that contains links to Veeva Product Help Documentation.
- Community - This link takes the user to the Product Community page where the user can post product questions, stay informed on product announcements through a notification subscription, and provide product enhancements suggestions. Note: The user must be logged-in in order to create posts to the Community pages.
- Sign In - Although the Support Portal is open for anyone to browse, there are some actions that require a login: opening & managing tickets and creating posts to the Product Communities. If the user does not have a login account, click the Sign up link or complete the New User Account Request on the Customer Support and Community Login page. Once the user is signed in, the button changes to show the username. The user can click on the links in the drop-down next to the username to view the user profile (MY PROFILE), access tickets the user has opened (MY TICKETS), or sign out of the portal (SIGN OUT).
On the Knowledge page, the user sees the following section:
The user can click on the Product icon or the Knowledge link to access a list of solution articles for a particular product. The articles for that product are sorted by product areas. Example: if the user clicks on the CRM icon, a list of product areas (Documents, Workflow, etc.) appears with a count of the number of articles in that area:
If the user clicks on the Community link, it takes the user to the Product Community page.
Veeva Product Communities
The Veeva Community page allows a user to post simple questions (not requiring a ticket) to product Communities for Vault, CRM, Align, and Veeva Network. The Q&A Community is now serviced by Product Support. We hope to respond to questions within 24-hours of the post. Answers will be provided as soon as possible. The Community also allows a user to post product enhancement requests for our products and sign up for notifications by clicking the Follow button. Sometimes posts may require a ticket is opened as the topic is much more involved. The user is notified in the Community post if that is the case and a ticket is opened to provide further communications with the user.
Finding solutions to problems quickly helps customers get the resolution they need to continue business as usual. For quick resolution to problems, take advantage of the Self-Service options:
- Search or Browse the KB for solutions to problems. The Finding Solutions to Common Problems on the Veeva Support Portal article helps new users get started.
- Access the Veeva Trust Site and SFDC Trust Site links to check on system status.
- Check the Release Notes to determine if any features or functionality have changed as part of the current release.
- Check the Help documentation available for each of our products to enhance product knowledge, confirm configurations, and verify expanded functionality.
- The Veeva Product Support Policy article explains how to contact Veeva Support, Support hours, and more.
- If none of the above steps resolves a problem, open a ticket with Veeva Support.
A video tutorial is available on the portal. Video: Using Support Self-Service for Troubleshooting Problems
Note: We recommend getting familiar with the types of articles in the Knowledge Base. They can be read at any time. A user can sign up for article notification whenever the article is updated by clicking the Follow button.
Knowledge Collection Articles:
There are a number of articles in the KB that provide helpful information. Some articles, which are related, are grouped together into a Knowledge Collection article. These articles can be bookmarked and refreshed occasionally as new content is being added on a regular basis. We have listed some of these Knowledge Collections in the following table:
How to open a Support Ticket?
Search for Knowledge Base (KB) articles to find a solution to a problem or answers to questions. If the answer is not posted in the KB, a new ticket may be opened with Veeva Support. The user must be logged-in in order to create and manage tickets. View the Veeva Support Ticket Priority and Service Level Agreement (SLA) article for information about Ticket Severity Levels.
Note: Environment IDs are required when opening tickets with Veeva Support. Read the following article in the KB: How to Find Important ID Information Prior to Opening a Ticket with Veeva Support.
After opening a ticket, it is sometimes needed to grant temporary access to Veeva Support. To do this, use the following information:
- How to Grant Veeva Support Access in Vault? (KB article)
- Granting Veeva Network Support Temporary Access to a Specific User (video)
- Granting Temporary Access to Veeva Network Support (video)
- How to Grant Veeva Support Temporary Access to a Veeva Network Instance? (KB article)
- How to Grant Access to Veeva Support in Align? (KB article)
How to obtain a Support Portal login account?
To obtain a Support login account, talk to your Account Executive (AE) or CSM as he/she can obtain the account on behalf of the customer. Or, submit your own request using the New User Account Request form on the Customer Support and Community Login page. The following information is included in the request:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address (recommend a business email address)
- Company Name
- CRM Org ID, Vault ID, or Network Instance
How to change a Support Portal login account password?
To change a password for a Support Portal account, use the following link: Please set me up with a new password.
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.