How to sign up for the Support Portal and use the Chat Option?
To be able to use the Chat functionality, a Veeva customer needs to have a profile created within our Support Portal. If a user does not have a profile the instructions below show the steps on how to request it. Having a Support Portal account allows users to open tickets, respond to Community posts, and view content meant for Veeva customers.
- To sign up for a user account, access the Support Portal and select Sign up.
- This opens a window to prompt the user for information. It is important to note that the user must supply a business or company email in this form. Email designated as @gmail.com or @yahoo.com are examples that are rejected by the system. Also, note that to be able to use the Chat request, Application User must be set as the Role.
- Once the form is completed, press the Submit button.
- Once the request is submitted, the user account is added to the Veeva system and the user is sent an email notification to log into the Support Portal. At that time, the user should click on the link in the email. This takes the user to the Support Portal to set a password.
- Enter a password and proceed to the Support Portal.
- Once the user is logged into the Support Portal, the user sees a Blue Chat Icon in the lower right corner of the portal UI.
- Click on Chat.
- Fill out the information in the Chat UI. Select the product.
- Click the Chat button. The user is able to chat with one of our Global Service Center Support agents (L1 Support only) who can assist the user with their request.
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.