What are the Most Common CRM Sync Errors?
- Entity deleted errors occur when an account, that is associated with a call, is deleted. This can also happen when an account is merged. If merge functionality is not enabled, the account is not switched over to the merged account in VMobile when the user syncs. In this case, a case needs to be opened with Veeva Support. to add the correct account to the call and push the call through to Salesforce.com.
- Invalid Id errors occur when a record is deleted. (Example: An address on a call). The call remains in VMobile or iRep until the record is restored from the recycle bin or a case can be opened with the new record that needs to be associated with the call. Veeva Support can correct the call.
- Id value is not valid for the user profile – Users see this error when access is denied to a particular record type, but outstanding records in VMobile or iRep are available using a record type that is not synced to Salesforce.com. Users need access to the record type in order to sync the outstanding records to the server.
Submission of future calls not allowed
- User submits a call with a future date and has tried syncing the call online. This typically occurs when the user system date and time is modified. To correct this error, the user system date and time needs to be modified. The system administrator waits for the date to pass on the calls. The user performs a sync. The calls online are corrected. Or, the system administrator opens a Veeva Support case and requests a correction to the dates of the calls.
- An out of memory exception occurs when a user runs out of memory on a tablet. Typically this occurs when the user is trying to sync down large data sets. The user should reboot the tablet and try syncing again. If it is still too much data, discuss the issue with a system administrator to minimize the amount of data being pulled down to the tablet.
Insufficient access rights on object id
- If a user no longer has rights to an object or record on an object, this error occurs during a sync. Access should be granted back to the object or record, so the user can sync the record to Salesforce.com (SFDC).
Data has been modified
- If a user updates a record online and another user updates the same record prior to syncing down the change made online, a data has been modified error is thrown. The user with the error should login online and update the record as needed. Then the user should delete the error record from their offline device (iRep/VMobile) and sync.
Duplicate value found
- Users typically receive these errors on Territory Specific Field (TSF) or Affiliation records when one of these records is created offline. This is prior to syncing down the records that were already created online. In this case, the user should delete the error and resync.
- For actual error list, see the Veeva CRM Error Reference Guide
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.