How does Make a Copy work in Vault PromoMats and Medical?
If the creation of a related document to the one already created is needed, it is available for the users to make a copy of the document so they both are related to each other.
In order to make a copy of a document, follow the steps below from the original document page:
- From the Actions menu, click on Make a Copy.
- A new pop-up window appears. There are choices available to copy either the content, fields, or all.
- Once the new document is created, the relationship to the original document appears in the Relationships section:
The new document has a different document number.
- Vault Help Documentation: Copying Documents
- Knowledge Article: What Permission is Needed to Make a Copy of a Document in Vault PromoMats and Medical?