Upon (re)connecting a Veeva Align instance to a Veeva CRM instance, the fields in the Territory Settings Custom Setting do not get populated.
As a consequence, unexpected behavior can occur. The most common symptom is that the Territory Feedback functionality is not functional in Veeva CRM online and in CRM for iPad. The error messages may vary.
The fields in the Territory Settings Custom Setting get populated when a Push to CRM job is initiated at any level (Territory or Org Wide) in Veeva Align. A Push does not need to be started. In the event, the process completes the authentication stage. It attempts to populate the fields of the Territory Settings Custom Setting. The following screenshot shows a successful authentication:
There are several reasons why the fields in the Territory Settings Custom Setting are not populated:
- The Align instance is not managed, the Align version not up to date.
- The Align Integration User and CRM Connection User credentials are invalid.
- The CRM Connection User does not have the Customizable Application Salesforce System Permission enabled.
- Be sure the Veeva Align instance is up-to-date. This version information can be obtained with the help of the following article: How to Determine the Align Version of an Instance?
Note: In case the Align instance is not up-to-date and the steps in Managing Environments is performed, raise a Veeva Align Support ticket.
- Be sure the CRM and Align Integration User credentials are valid. Both credentials can be verified in the Integrations --> Align Integrations tab.
- In Veeva CRM, verify that the CRM Connection User has the Customizable Application System Permission enabled.
- Once these steps are completed and the configuration is verified, initiate a Push to CRM process.
- Clear the Veeva Cache in CRM.
Align Help Documentation: