The purpose of article is to present scenarios which result in incorrect OT2A record reflection in CRM. The Account Territory records are managed in Align. The most typical issue is that the OT2A record does not get created after running a Push to CRM process.
Scenario #1 - The CRM System Administrator removes the OT2A record in CRM instead of end dating the related Account Territory record in Align
Suppose there is an Account Territory record in Align, which is pushed into CRM, reflecting as an OT2A record. Instead of end-dating the corresponding account territory record, the customer accidentally removes the OT2A record in CRM.
What can happen is that the Account Territory record does not get end-dated even by the Import from CRM or Push to CRM processes. It remains unchanged.
Its related SUCCESS Integration Status 2 (IS2) record also stays. What causes the problem is the lack of the DELETE IS2 record. In the event, an account territory record gets end-dated, a DELETE IS2 record is created by the Push to CRM process (Import from CRM process in case of source__aln = CRM Account Territory self-assignments) so that the Align Integration can recognize that the corresponding OT2A record is actually deleted in CRM.
If the OT2A record is deleted in CRM, no DELETE IS2 record gets created, meaning that the Align integration considers that the OT2A record is still in CRM, while in reality, it is not.
For this reason, deleting Align Managed records in CRM is not supported. This is covered in Is it Possible to Use Veeva Align and Veeva CRM in a Mixed Configuration?
There are several solutions to this problem, perform either of the following suggestions:
- Delete all of the IS2 records (UPDATE as well) of this particular account territory assignment, and then run a Push.
- End-date the Account Territory assignment and then run a Push. Align throws an error that the OT2A record does not exist in this case, however, this counts as a deleted record in Align. Once the Push job has run, create a new account territory assignment and run another Push.
Reminder: An account can be assigned to a territory with multiple sources: CRM, Align Manual, Align Rule etc.
Scenario #2 - The Integration Status 2 record is created manually but incorrectly
While this action is strongly discouraged, it is possible to create and modify IS2 records. Managing IS2 records requires advanced Veeva Align knowledge.
Scenario #3 - Incorrect Veeva CRM Org Country Configuration
This scenario is covered in the following article: Why Account Territory Assignments Are Not Pushed From Veeva Align Into Veeva CRM?
Scenario #4 - The Account Territory record itself is incorrect
- Its status__v being inactive__v
- Its crm_is_deleted__aln is set to true
- The record is not current, start date is in the future, or its end date is in the past
- Its send_to_crm__aln is set to false.
- The country__aln of its Account and/or the Territory lookup is not populated. Or it is populated, but it is not in sync with the Veeva CRM Org Country records. The country__aln records may be inactive.
Scenario #5 - The Push to CRM process did not start, or ends.
Be sure to check that a push to crm runs successfully recently. If it constantly ends short, or it has never run, then this is the cause of the problem.
Scenario #6 - The Push to CRM process has errors related to the Account Territory assignment
Download the error log of the push to crm process, and look for this specific assignment. If there is an error, or multiple errors related to this assignment, they need to be resolved.
- All of these scenarios are applied to Roster Member Territories, Territories, Territory Products.
- There can be other specific scenarios, in the event the cause is not found, raise a Veeva Align Support ticket.
Align Help Documentation:
- Is it Possible to Use Veeva Align and Veeva CRM in a Mixed Configuration?
- If a Record is Deleted in Veeva Align, is its CRM Counterpart Also Deleted by Veeva CRM-Veeva Align Integration?
- Why Account Territory Assignments Are Not Pushed From Veeva Align Into Veeva CRM?
- How to Open a Veeva Align Support Ticket?
- How to Open a Ticket with Veeva Product Support?
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.