Are THIRD_PARTY_AUTH_URL and THIRD_PARTY_APPLIESTO_URL required when using SSO login in CRM?
It depends on the customer using Delegated Authentication with a Security Token Service(STS) or standard Delegated Authentication.
If a Security Token Service(STS) is being used:
- It is necessary to configure the THIRD_PARTY_AUTH_URL and THIRD_PARTY_APPLIESTO_URL Veeva Messages with the appropriate URLs
- On iPad, enable the Third Party Authentication Under Settings --> Veeva CRM
- Admins can use Mobile Device Management (MDM) or package IPA with Plist with the above mentioned keys and values to config these third-party authentication endpoints
If the standard SFDC Delegated Authentication is being used:
- THIRD_PARTY_AUTH_URL and THIRD_PARTY_APPLIESTO_URL are not used. It is necessary to configure SFDC Delegated Authentication and enable SSO for the desired users, but no additional configuration on the app is required.
- On iPad, be sure Third Party Authentication is not enabled under Settings -> Veeva CRM. Then, users are able to login in with the desired Delegated Authentication credentials.
CRM Help Documentation: