Are THIRD_PARTY_AUTH_URL and THIRD_PARTY_APPLIESTO_URL required when using SSO login in CRM?
It depends on the customer using Delegated Authentication with a Security Token Service(STS) or standard Delegated Authentication.
If a Security Token Service(STS) is being used:
- It is necessary to configure the THIRD_PARTY_AUTH_URL and THIRD_PARTY_APPLIESTO_URL Veeva Messages with the appropriate URLs
- On iPad, enable the Third Party Authentication Under Settings --> Veeva CRM
- Admins can use Mobile Device Management (MDM) or package IPA with Plist with the above mentioned keys and values to config these third-party authentication endpoints
If the standard SFDC Delegated Authentication is being used:
- THIRD_PARTY_AUTH_URL and THIRD_PARTY_APPLIESTO_URL are not used. It is necessary to configure SFDC Delegated Authentication and enable SSO for the desired users, but no additional configuration on the app is required.
- On iPad, be sure Third Party Authentication is not enabled under Settings -> Veeva CRM. Then, users are able to login in with the desired Delegated Authentication credentials.
CRM Help Documentation:
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.