An error occurs when attempting to save Collaborative Authoring settings in Vault: Connection Error Unable to retrieve security tokens, please check Office Application Settings. How can this error be resolved?
There are three common reasons why this issue can occur.
- The Client Secret has expired and/or timed out.
- The Client Secret is incorrect due to user error.
- The Client Secret ID is being used as the Client Secret in Vault. The Client Secret Value needs to be used as the Client Secret in Vault.
Details about the Client Secret:
- The Client Secret ID and value are generated when a Client Secret is created within Microsoft Azure.
- The Client Secret Value cannot be obtained after it is concealed by asterisks. A new Client Secret needs to be generated.
- The Client Secret ID can be distinguished by its format, as it is similar to the Directory (tenant) and Application (client) IDs.
Vault Help Documentation: Configuring Collaborative Authoring with Microsoft Office