How to determine why a user has access to a record in SFDC?
To determine if a user has access to a record in SFDC, follow these steps:
- Access the sharing detail of the record, the easiest way is to use the following links:
- test.salesforce.com/p/share/AccSharingDetail?parentId=id of the record
For custom objects:
- test.salesforce.com/p/share/CustomObjectSharingDetail?parentId=id of the record
- The sharing detail page is displayed:
- Click on the Expand List button.
- On the next page, all of the users who have access are displayed:
- Click on the Why? button to view the exact access explanation:
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.