How to grant Veeva Support Access as an Admin in Veeva Vault?
Veeva Support Access provides the opportunity for Veeva Product Support to log in on behalf of a certain Vault user to troubleshoot customer-reported issues raised in the form of Veeva Support Tickets.
The screenshots below represent the steps using the User Interface of a Vault Sandbox. The procedure is identical In Production Vault environments.
To grant Veeva Product Support access to a certain Vault user to troubleshoot an issue, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the appropriate Vault instance.
- Click on the Tab Collections 3x3 Square icon located in the top left corner of the Vault User Interface.
- Click on the Admin option.
- Click on the Users & Groups menu.
- Using the Search Columns bar, locate the Vault User that Veeva Support Access is going to be provided.
- Make sure that the Active Users option is selected under Users located next to the + Create button.
- Click on the appropriate User record from the list.
- On the Detail Page of the User record, scroll down to the Veeva Support section, and expand it using the arrow icon.
- Click on Select a duration and select the time for the access. 7 days of Veeva Support access is recommended to prevent early expirations.
- Click on the Grant Access button.
- Veeva Support Access is not the equivalent of Veeva Delegate Access. It is also not the equivalent of creating a new user for Veeva Product Support.
- Longer Support Access (7 days to 30 days) may be necessary and requested in case of complex Product issue investigations. Extending Support Access can be done by selecting the appropriate duration value and clicking the Change Expiration button.
- If deemed necessary, System Administrators (Vault Owners) can manually revoke Veeva Support Access at any point using the Revoke Access button.
- It is not possible to provide Support Access to a User if the Users: Grant Support Login Security permission is not enabled for the Security Profile of the User.
- The Vault User who provides Support Access must have the necessary permissions to access the Admin tab.
- In the event, that Veeva Support access is granted for a certain user, the Delegate Access feature is not available for Veeva Product Support for that certain user.
- Granting Access to Veeva Support
- Vault Admin Overview
- Navigating the Business Admin Tab Collection
- Using Delegated Access