How to Retrieve the .ipa file for CRM iRep when using a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution?
Customers want to use an MDM solution to deploy iRep rather than use the direct download link Online.
Use the following directions to pull the .ipa file for a customer MDM solution:
- Log into the Org as an administrator and click the iRep Install link.
- Another page loads. It contains an install link: Download and Install Veeva CRM on iPad.
- Right-click this link and copy the link address. The link appears similar to: itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=https://na1.vod309.com/ipad/171.13.0/[bundle-id]/iRep.plist
- Remove everything before the https:// and then change the .plist extension to .ipa
- The ending link appears similar to: https://na1.vod309.com/ipad/171.13.0/[bundle-id]/iRep.ipa.
If the iRep Install link is not active on the left-hand side of the Salesforce.com (SFDC) homepage, use the steps below to configure the link:
- Log into the Org as an administrator.
- Navigate to Setup --> App Setup --> Customize --> Home --> Home Page Layout.
- Click Edit next to the profile upon which the iRep install link should be active.
- Place a checkmark on the box titled iRep.
- Click Next.
- Ensure iRep is placed on the Narrow (Left) column.
- Click Save
- Clear the Veeva Cache.
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.