What are Veeva Managed Orgs?
Veeva Manages many Sandbox and Production orgs for our customers as part of the standard upgrade and release process of Veeva CRM. Each of these orgs is automatically upgraded by Veeva for each release and patch. This includes the Veeva CRM application and any content and reporting data the customer may be using with that org. We refer to these orgs as Veeva Managed Orgs. Any customer org, Sandbox, QA, or Dev can be registered to be managed by Veeva.
Managed Orgs receive:
- Automatic Upgrades
- Content preservation on moves (Support case needed to Migrate CLM)
- Reporting data preservation on moves
- Notifications of planned upgrades and patches for these orgs
Many Customers also have additional Dev and QA orgs that are not registered with Veeva
and therefore are not managed. These orgs are not automatically upgraded by Veeva. It is
the responsibility of the customer to manually upgrade these orgs and to maintain the associated
content and reporting data. Veeva refers to these orgs as Unmanaged Orgs.
- Manually Upgraded by Customers
- Content and reporting data is not managed and can be cleared at any time with an org refresh
- Upgrades and patches
- Not included in release notifications
The following CRM functionality requires the customer org to be in Veeva Managed Orgs:
Note: Because upgrades are handled by customers manually and may not be up to date, Veeva reserves the right to discontinue support of very old versions of CRM.
Orgs within Veeva's Managed Orgs are generally updated automatically to the latest version of CRM, unless specifically requested to not be on the upgrade path.
Note: If a customer requests that a CRM Sandbox Org using an older version of CRM be updated to the current version, that Sandbox must be on a CRM Version within the last three major CRM releases. If the Sandbox's version of Veeva CRM is further back than the last three major releases of CRM, the Sandbox must be refreshed from Production before being added to Managed Orgs or upgraded to the latest version of CRM.
There is no additional cost to have orgs registered as Managed and Veeva encourages all
customers to register all their Veeva Orgs regardless of the environment as this ensures excellent Veeva service.
To request an Org to be Managed, open a new Support Ticket and provide the Vadmin username.
CRM Help Documentation:
- Viewing Approved Email License Usage
- Configuring Concur Sync
- Loading Call Activity Data for Fixed Reports
- How to Find Veeva Version in CRM Online?
- How Can Admins Prepare A New/Newly Refreshed Sandbox to be Added to the Veeva CRM Managed Orgs List?