Why is the behavior of Sample Limits and Limit Quantity different Online and Offline?
- Record a Call Online.
- Select a Product with Quantity = 20.
- Click the Submit button.
- The user receives a notification: 'You must enter a value' and thus cannot submit the call, only when the user enters a value in the Sample Send Card # field.
- Create the same type of Call Offline from any Person Accounts.
- Select a saved Call.
- Select a Product.
- Ensure that the filled-in quantity is greater than 2.
- Click Submit.
- An error gets generated, as shown in the screenshot below:
This behavior is working as designed and it is due to the use of Sample Card #. Limits are not enforced for paper-based Call Reports. If the Sample Card # on the Call Report is populated, the user is not prevented from submitting the Call Report. If the limit is exceeded, this is the reason why the Online or Offline behavior is different.
CRM Help Documentation: Using Sample Limit Templates
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.