When a user type a hyphen (-) character in Vault search parameters, the search results do not take this character into account.
This is known behavior in Vault search.
When there is a hyphen between two terms, Vault searches for the two terms separately so either of the terms can be present in order to return a match in the search results.
The Product Team has provided a list of searches that can be used to produce the desired results when using a hyphen in the search parameters.
- All of the words: IRWKS 274
- All of the words: "IRWKS 274"
- All of the words: "IRWKS-274"
- Any of the words: "IRWKS-274"
- Any of the words: "IRWKS 274"
- Any of the words: IRWKS-274 (This is treated as a single string because of the hyphen so it is not tokenized)
The double quote (") character is also a good way to force all of the search parameters to match in Vault.
Vault Search Documentation: Searching Vault
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.