How to manipulate column row data into a VQL Where clause format during Veeva Align data work?
Suppose there is the following Data Set in CSV, but there are hundreds of values, each in a row:
The task is to transform this data into the following format, which can be used in a VQL Where clause:
In Microsoft Excel, perfom the following steps:
- Using a concatenation formula, in the next empty column, manipulate each row in the following format: 'value1',
- Copy these values and paste them as values into an empty column.
- In an empty row, copy the data from this column and using Special Pasting, transpose it.
- Copy the transposed data, and paste it into Notepad or Notepad++.
- There are blank tabs among the records. Using Find and Replace, remove the blank tabs. (Copy the tab value into Find, and do not enter any values into Replace)
- Click Replace all.
- Remove the comma at the end of the row.
- Place a bracket at the beginning and the end of the row.
The data can be placed into the where clause.
- There is hardcoded limit in both SOQL and VQL as to how many values can be entered.
- The same methodology is applied to SOQL and Salesforce.
- There are other ways to perform this manipulation.
Align Help Documentation: