To create and issue Training Assignments, the four training object records: Person, Learner Role, Curriculum, and Training Requirement must be in the Eligible lifecycle states. They are defined as follows:
|Eligible Lifecycle State
|Retired Lifecycle State
If a user is removed from one Learner Role and added to another in the Training Requirement record, does Vault reissue the Training Assignments to the user due to the different Learner Role and different Curriculum?
It depends. This is how the process works:
- The Learner Role or Curriculum is removed.
- The New Learner Role or new Curriculum is added.
- The Update Training Assignment Job runs.
- The job finds all the Training Requirements for the new Learner Role or Curriculum.
- The job asks the question: Does the Person have an open or closed Training Assignment for Training Requirements from 4.
- If the answer is Yes (This means that the Person has completed a Training Assignment for the Training Requirement or still has it open).
a. The Assignment Details is created for new Learner Role or Curriculum.
b. A New Training Assignment is NOT created.
- If the answer is No:
a. A new Training Assignment is created.
Vault Documentation: Vault Training Automation