During an Engage Meeting session, the end-user changes the default web browser using Windows Operating Systems. The Engage Participant Application Executable is always prompted to be downloaded and installed once the meeting invitation link is accessed or clicked.
Two different Scenarios are used to describe this issue using Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome:
- The Engage Participant Application is installed with Microsoft Edge being the default web browser.
- The end-user changes the default web browser to Google Chrome.
- During an Engage Meeting session, the user clicks on the invitation link. The Engage Participant App is not auto-launching in Google Chrome, but rather on Microsoft Edge.
- The Engage Participant Application is installed with Google Chrome being the default web browser.
- The end-user changes the default web browser to Microsoft Edge.
- During an Engage meeting session, the user clicks on the invitation link. The Engage Participant App is not auto-launching in Microsoft Edge, but rather on Google Chrome.
Common Symptom: The Veeva Engage Participant Application is auto-launched on the previous default web browser that it was originally installed with.
In the event, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer is the default web browser. Both web browsers work interchangeably.
This behavior is currently confirmed working as designed, as the Engage Participant Application configuration stores the previous default web browser that it is originally installed with.
Currently, this behavior cannot be modified without uninstalling the application. Furthermore, only one web browser can be used as a default to auto-launch the Engage Participant Application.
- Change the default web browser in Windows per user preference. Details of these steps are in the Microsoft Help Documentation below by accessing the following page: Change your default browser in Windows 10.
- From Settings, uninstall the Engage Participant Application. Details of the uninstallation steps are located in the Microsoft Help Documentation below by accessing the page: Repair or remove programs in Windows 10.
The Engage Participant application must be uninstalled using the newer Windows 10 Control Panel (Settings -> Apps and Features) and not using the legacy Control Panel.
- Install the Engage Participant Application. The download link to the Application can be accessed by clicking on the Veeva CRM Help Documentation. Search for the following page: Joining an Engage Meeting as an Attendee. On that page, select the Windows 7+ HCP app for desktop/laptop link. It automatically downloads a setup.exe file to the local machine which can be run to install.
Veeva CRM Help Documentation:
Microsoft Help Documentation:
Veeva Knowledge Base Reference:
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.