This article summarizes the expected functionality of these two pieces of configuration in Veeva CRM, focusing on the scenarios when they are used together. What is the expected result if either, neither or both of them are configured?
The Approved Email Test Address setting is located in Approved Email Settings (Setup --> Custom Settings --> Approved Email Settings --> Manage), while the Approved Email Admin field is located on the user object. In this Approved Email Setting, an email address may be entered, while the Approved Email Admin checkbox may be checked.
For this field, Edit Field Level security is required for the System Administrator (CRM Approved Email Integration user), and Read Field Level security is required for the end-user. Clearing the Veeva Cache is required online, including Database Refresh on Offline devices/Veeva applications for changes to take effect.
In the event, that there is no Approved Email Test Address and no Approved Email Admin configured, then the email is sent to the Account's email address, defined in the email type field on the Account record.
In the event that the Approved Email Test Address is configured, but the Approved Email Admin is not, then all emails will be sent to this specific email address. This includes confirmation emails (Receipt, Double opt-in, etc.) as well.
In the event, the Approved Email Test Address is not configured but the end-user is an Approved Email Admin, meaning the Approved Email Admin field is checked on the record of the end-user, this will result in delivering all emails to his/her own email address. This includes confirmation emails (Receipt, Double opt-in, etc.) as well.
In the event, that both an email address is entered in the setting and the end-user is an Approved Email Admin, then - only in the case of the Account Entry point - the end-user will be able to change the Approved Email Test Address in the Send Email Page, online, but temporarily. This change will overwrite the Approved Email Test Address only for that particular email-sending procedure. In case the Approved Email admin end-user does not change the Approved Email Test Address, the default recipient in the entire org is going to be the email address defined in the Approved Email Test Address Setting. On any offline devices, this scenario will behave similarly to scenario 2. Currently, it is not possible to change the Approved Email Test Address temporarily on Offline Veeva applications. This includes confirmation emails (Receipt, Double opt-in, etc.) as well. It is not possible to modify the Test Email Address temporarily when other Approved Email Entry points are used other than the Account entry point.
- Approved Email Entry points refer to the location from where the Email was sent from. The Account Entry Point for example refers to Emails sent from the Account Detail page.
- Only Approved Email Admins can view Staged Email Content in CRM, on the Send Email Page online and offline.
- Approved Email Settings can be profile specific.
CRM Help Documentation:
- Configuring Approved Email Admins and Integration Users
- Components of Approved Email
- Approved Email Entry Points
- CRM Approved Email is Sent to User Email Address Instead of Account
- Approved Email Unsubscribe Functionality of Veeva CRM is Not Working with a Configured Test Email Address
- Email Address Value Not Obtained in the CRM Send Email Page