Task Duration is the amount of time between task creation and task completion. Vault calculates this number by dividing the number of minutes between task creation and task completion by the number of minutes in a day.
The task duration does not take into account weekends. Is there a way to exclude weekends?
The best workaround is to export the report to Excel Template that includes the networkdays() function.
- Navigate to the Report tab and create a report of Workflow with Documents report type.
- In the report, add Task Creation Date, Task Completion Date, and Task Duration columns.
- Expand the Advanced Options section and click Sample to download the file.
- In the downloaded sample Excel Template, set Task Duration as =NETWORKDAYS(G5,H5), which returns the number of whole working days between Task Creation Date and Task Completion Date.
- Go back to the report and upload the updated Excel Template by clicking the Upload button.
- Once uploaded, save and run the report.
- Export the report to the Excel Template by clicking the Action Menu --> Export to Excel Template.
- In the exported report, the Task Duration is calculated by excluding the weekends.
Vault Help Documentation: Using Excel Report Templates