What are the Primary and Secondary Field Mappings in the Approved Email, CLM, Engage Administration Tabs in Veeva CRM?
In the event, the Primary and Secondary Field mappings are displayed in the Approved Email, CLM or Engage Administration tabs in Veeva CRM, that implies CRM Vault Metadata Sync is deployed, and the CRM Product, CRM Detail Group, CRM Product Group, CRM Org are in use in the connected Vault Instances.
An example scenario is shown in the following screenshot, right click and open the image in a new tab to be able to read it:
The interpretation of Primary and Secondary field mappings are the following in this example, which is applied to other Integration tabs as well:
- If the crm_product__v field is populated in Vault, the CLM integration retrieves this value first from Vault, and creates the CLM Presentation record with that Product value in Veeva CRM.
- If the crm_product__v field is not populated in Vault, the CLM integration retrieves the value located in the product__v field from Vault, and creates the CLM Presentation record with that Product value in Veeva CRM.
- This logic is applied to the detail_group__v and crm_detail_group__v fields as well.
The CRM Org record(s) in Vault has a CRM Vault Metadata Sync checkbox which indicates if the integrations take advantage of the functionality. The Integrations and Include NSS are in no relation with CRM Vault Metadata Sync. They are required for CRM Publishing, which is a separate feature. In the event, CRM Vault Metadata sync is deployed, the CRM org record is automatically created by the Integration. The Integrations and the Include NSS fields are blank by default.
CRM Help Documentation:
- Why are All CRM Products (Including CRM Detail Groups, CRM Product Groups) or Surveys or Directories or CRM Content Types Inactivated in Veeva Vault?
- How Does the CRM Org Object Work in Veeva Vault from the Perspective of CRM Publishing and CRM Vault Metadata Sync Functionalities?