How to Change the Approved Email Sending Domain in Veeva CRM Adequately? The purpose of this article is to avoid any unexpected impact of this Organization-wide change.
In order to change the Approved Email Sending Domain in Veeva CRM without any unexpected impact, the following scenarios are required to be taken into account:
- Changing the Approved Email Sending Domain online in the (Profile-Specific) Veeva CRM Approved Email Settings record requires running the Incremental Sync process on Offline CRM Platforms in order to reflect the Domain Change. Database Refresh is not required.
- In the event, that the Sending Domain is changed in CRM online, but if the end-user does not run incremental sync, then the previous domain is still used, and any Approved Email, Approved Email feature, or Approved Email Entry Point will still work correctly. There will be no failure online even if the older domain is not specified in any of the Approved Email Setting records.
Both of these logics apply to the Email Domain Field of Approved Documents.
For these reasons, customers have the following options:
- Change the Sending Domain online, and have end-users run an Incremental Sync process in order to have the Sending Domain change reflect immediately on offline CRM Platforms, or
- The previous Sending Domain will still be used until end users run the Incremental Sync process from their side.
The used Sending Domain can be seen in the Email_Config_Values_vod__c field of Sent Email records.
In case of point 1. is preferred, the customer needs to decide and plan ahead with the Sales Teams, and End-Users so that a Sync process occurs. Freezing the End Users online, or forcing a Database Refresh using the Force Full Refresh field on the User records are viable options. It is strongly recommended to test any of the preferred options in a CRM Sandbox.
Based on the article: Is it Possible to Delete a Veeva Approved Email Sending Domain? (Forbidden From Mailgun and Customer-Side DNS Service, Provider!), do not request for Sending Domain removal in Mailgun, and do not remove the DNS records of the previous Sending Domain in the Customer-Side DNS Service, Provider.
CRM Help Documentation:
- Creating a Sending Domain
- Approved Email Entry Points
- Using Incremental Sync
- Handling Sync Errors
- Sync Overview
- Is it Possible to Delete a Veeva Approved Email Sending Domain? (Forbidden From Mailgun and Customer-Side DNS Service, Provider!)
- How to Find Configured Sending Domains in Veeva CRM?
- Veeva Support Ticket Priority and Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.