How can users duplicate or clone an Email Template created in BEE Editor in Vault?
Duplicating an Email Template may be necessary if users want to create multiple templates that are similar with minor changes on each. Rather than recreating the template each time, users can save time by following the below steps to duplicate the template exactly, and apply needed changes later.
- Go to the Email Template created with BEE Editor that you want to duplicate and click the Document Files button on the right.
- Download the Email Editor rendition.
- Create a new document by uploading a dummy document (do not use a placeholder). This can be any file.
- Choose 'Email Template' as the Document Type, then click Next.
- Complete the required fields and save the document.
- Click Document Files on the right.
- Expand the Renditions heading and click the plus sign.
- Upload the Email Editor rendition downloaded in step 2.
- Choose the ellipsis and then choose Edit Email.
- BEE Editor will open and should now load the email template as it appeared in the document from step 1. Save the template to create version 0.2 of the document. Vault will now create the remaining renditions: Veeva Preview, Veeva HTML, and Viewable Rendition.
Users can now make any necessary changes to the new document/email template.
Vault Help Documentation: Using the BEE Email Template Editor
Vault Knowledge Articles:
- Video: BEE Email Editor for Approved Email
- Email Editor in Vault Cannot Be Used After Create Draft in Approved Status
- Error Occurs When Saving Email Template in Vault BEE Email Editor
- Can the BEE Editor be Used on the Email Fragment Document Type in Vault?
- Unable To Edit Email In BEE Editor After Creation in Vault