For ease of reading, we have broken out the Engage Connect FAQs into sub-articles.
This article covers:
- Is it possible to remove the ability for HCPs to Chat with CRM Users/Reps, and can HCP-CRM User Communication be limited to the invite/join meeting option?
- Can CLM Media be shared from the CRM app to the Engage Connect app?
- Can Email Fragments be shared from CRM directly to HCPs via Chat?
- What determines if the Veeva CRM Button displays when a Rep chats with an HCP?
- What is the purpose of the Samples (capsule) icon when a Rep chats with another Rep?
- Why are HCPs or Reps seeing a message saying that a Rep "cannot receive chats yet" when attempting to chat with them?
For other topics in the Engage Connect FAQs, please see the sub-articles list on the top level article
FAQs: Engage Connect Functionality and Best Practices in Veeva CRM.
Is it possible to remove the ability for HCPs to Chat with CRM Users/Reps, and can HCP-CRM User Communication be limited to the invite/join meeting option?
It is possible to prevent HCPs from Pinging or Chatting with CRM Users (reps) by modifying the Communication Channel settings on Engage Connect Group Settings.
You can set this at an Org-Wide Default level and at an Engage Connect Group level.
Can CLM Media be shared from the CRM app to the Engage Connect app?
The Share Link function in CRM provides CRM User ways to share some types of content from the CRM App to HCPs in Engage Connect. Our documentation on Sharing Links in Engage provides information on three ways to share information with Engage Connect users from Veeva CRM.
- Users using the Veeva CRM app for iPad or iPhone can share websites using a Web Link or a QR code.
- Users on Veeva CRM for iPad, iPhone, or the CRM Desktop App can send links to auto-published CLM content from the Media Library to Engage Connect users.
(This function is only for CLM content auto-published from Vault. Auto-publishing was previously called single-doc publishing.)
- CRM users on iPad can use Veeva CRM to create a Remote CLM link and share it with HCPs. HCPs can then view the CLM content on their own devices during calls without being in an Engage remote meeting. (This function only supports content published from Vault, and only in specific content packaging formats.)
Each of these functions does require configuration, noted in the pages linked in each bullet point.
And in each case, the CRM user is in Veeva CRM and can share to Engage Connect. The CRM User is not sharing CLM directly from Engage Connect to an HCP in Engage Connect.
Can Email Fragments be shared from CRM directly to HCPs via Chat?
Email Fragments cannot be shared directly from CRM to Engage Connect. However, CRM Users in Engage Connect can share Approved Content from the Chat Tab (the paperclip icon) with HCPs.
Approved Content is set up in the Engage Connect Company Configuration File, in the Content Tab.
Approved Content can be Header text without a link, or a link to externally hosted content, hosted by the customer on their own website. Veeva Engage does not host the content linked to by the link URL, companies should provide URLs to their own resources.
Customers could set up the text of Email Fragments from CRM as Approved Content within their Engage Connect environment.
What determines if the Veeva CRM Button displays when a Rep chats with an HCP?
Engage Connect does not automatically link an HCP from Engage Connect to their CRM Account record based on their email address or name. However, Engage Connect can, under specific circumstances, make a connection between an HCP in Engage Connect and an Account in CRM.
When these conditions are met, then a Veeva CRM Button () displays next to that HCP in the Chat Tab when a Rep chats with them. This connection between the HCP in Engage Connect and an Account in CRM is made if:
- A Rep invites an HCP to connect in Engage Connect by sending an Approved Email from the HCP’s Account in CRM, and the HCP clicks the Rep’s Personal Invite Link included in the email.
- An HCP joins an Engage Meeting using the Account-specific link from the Engage Meeting.
- A Rep uses the Share Web Links function to share content via Engage Connect from CRM, and the HCP clicks the Link.
The Veeva CRM icon will display to all Engage Connect CRM Users/Reps from an Org if the HCP has been connected to an Account in their Org, regardless of whether the Rep actually has access to the HCP’s Account or not. If a rep has access to the HCP’s Account on their mobile CRM App, clicking the Veeva CRM icon will open the CRM App and navigate to the HCP’s Account. If the rep does not have access to the HCP’s Account on their mobile CRM App, clicking the Veeva CRM icon will open the CRM App to the App homepage.
What is the purpose of the Samples (capsule) icon when a Rep chats with another Rep?
Similar to the Samples & Materials icon that shows when an HCP is chatting with a Rep (assuming the Rep has Samples or Materials that the HCP can request), an capsule icon can also display when a Rep chats with another Rep in their organization:
This is intended as a training/practice example for Reps, so they can see how the Samples & Materials request screen works for HCPs when they request samples or materials from Reps.
Why are HCPs or Reps seeing a message saying that a Rep "cannot receive chats yet" when attempting to chat with them?
If an HCP or Rep attempts to chat with a Rep they are connected to, but see the message that the rep "cannot receive chats yet", this can be for multiple reasons:
- The Rep's Engage Connect User Communication Channel is set to Ping. Either they are in an Engage Connect Group where the User Communication Channel is set to Ping, or they are not in any Engage Connect Group and the User Communication Channel is set to Ping at the org-wide default level.
- Or, the Rep's User Communication Channel is Chat, but they have not yet logged in to Engage Connect yet.
CRM Help Documentation:
- Creating the Company Configuration File - The Content Tab
- CRM User Default Functionality
- HCP Default Functionality
- Testing Veeva Engage in Sandboxes