For ease of reading, we have broken out the Engage Connect FAQs into sub-articles.
This article covers:
- Can Engage Connect be used to provide Samples to HCPs?
- Can the Signature Request for Samples be done in Engage Connect?
- Sample Information is loaded in the Company Config File. Why does the HCP not see the button to request Samples and Materials?
For other topics in the Engage Connect FAQs, please see the sub-articles list on the top level article
FAQs: Engage Connect Functionality and Best Practices in Veeva CRM.
Can Engage Connect be used to provide Samples to HCPs?
HCPs can use Engage Connect to request Samples and Materials from CRM Users/Reps. The Samples and Materials that HCPs can pick from are displayed in a list from the Samples & Materials button.
This list of samples and materials must be defined in the Sample Tab of the Engage Connect Company Configuration File and must be available for both the CRM User and for the HCP's country in order for the HCP to be able to select them.
When a request for Samples or Materials is made in Engage Connect, the CRM User/Rep then handles the Sampling through CRM.
Can the Signature Request for Samples be done in Engage Connect?
There are several signature options for capturing signatures remotely, including capturing a signature while in an Engage Meeting or through the Share Links function.
- The Engage Meeting option is only supported when the CRM user is hosting an active Remote Meeting via CRM for iPad, and only for BRC product type samples.
- When requesting a sample signature in an Engage Meeting, HCPs are able to receive signature requests on Web Client, iOS, and Android HCP apps
- It is also possible to remotely capture signatures for BRC sampling outside of an Engage meeting, using the Share Links method. Links of this type open in a browser tab, not Engage Connect.
Sample Information is loaded in the Company Config File. Why does the HCP not see the button to request Samples and Materials?
The Samples & Materials list that an HCP sees is determined based on the HCP’s country as well as the Rep's Brands and the Rep's Role category (e.g., Sales).
In order for a Samples & Materials item to appear in the list, the following must be true:
- Sample item is set to Active
- Sample item is associated to one of the Rep's assigned Brands
- The Rep's assigned Brands include Brands for the HCP's country
- Item is available to the Rep's Role Category (e.g., Sales), either explicitly or by the item having a null Role Category
If there are no Samples or Materials available for the HCP to request from the CRM User, the Samples & Materials button is hidden. If Samples or Materials are configured but an HCP does not see the button, verify the configuration as follows.
First, verify the configuration of the Samples in the Company Configuration File:
- Is the Brand for the Samples set up properly in the Brands tab of the Company Configuration File?
- Is there a Sample for the Brand set up in the Company Configuration File?
- Is the Sample set as Active in the Sample tab of the Company Configuration File?
- Is the CRM User/Rep assigned Brands with Samples?
- Are the Samples available to the Rep based on their Role Category? (Either the Role must match the Rep’s role, or the Sample must have a blank Role Category)
Next, verify that the Samples & Materials available to the Rep are available to the HCP. Is the HCP located in a Country that the CRM User/Rep has Brands for?
HCPs are assigned a Country value when they first sign up to Engage Connect. Once assigned, this cannot be modified. The HCP’s country is auto-detected based on the IP address that the HCP signs up from. HCPs can see their assigned Country from the Me Tab, by clicking Edit My Profile and scrolling down to the Private Profile information section.
This restriction is another reason that Veeva advises creating Test HCPs when testing Engage Connect functionality, as test HCPs can be assigned a Country in the Company Configuration File. That assigned Country is not overridden when logging in as the Test HCP.
CRM Help Documentation:
- Creating the Company Configuration File - The Sample Tab
- HCP Default Functionality - Requesting Samples and Materials
- Signing Remotely via Engage
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.