When adding a document to an Object B record, an error occurs:
Unable to add this reference: Document update failed because of an expected behavior, please contact the Veeva administrator for more information.
- Document Field A and Document Field B are created by referring to Object A and Object B respectively.
- Object B is a child object of Object A (parent).
- A Document section is configured on the Object B page layout.
The error occurs because Document Field B is not populated with any value.
Based on the background, since Object B is a child object of Object A (parent), it shows Document Field B depends on Document Field A in the document. This means Document Field B (child) is only selectable after Document Field A (parent) is populated.
- Select a value for Document Field A (parent) on the document.
- Add the document to the Object B record (child).
- Vault Help Documentation: Vault Help