Call Discussions allow for Product-dependent picklists, where picklist fields on custom objects can be configured to be dependent on the Detail Product selected in the Call Discussion.
Medical Discussions allow for Product-dependent picklists as well, but here they can be dependent on a Detail Product or a Detail Topic from the Medical Discussion.
Product-dependent picklist functionality relies on a field on the Call Discussion and Medical Discussion objects named zvod_Product_Map_vod.
Customers must create custom picklist values on this field on either the Call2_Discussion_vod object or the Medical_Discussion_vod object, as appropriate, to use Product-dependent picklists for custom fields on those objects.
Customers can then create a new custom picklist field on the appropriate object, and set a Field Dependency on the object with the Controlling Field set to zvod_Product_Map_vod and the new custom picklist field as the Dependent Field.
The picklist values of the zvod_Product_Map_vod field must match the API names of the relevant Detail Products or Detail Topics exactly. When a Product name is changed in the Product Catalog, the matching zvod_Product_Map_vod picklist values must be updated to match as well.
Additionally, renaming or replacing the Picklist values of a Controlling Field in a Dependent Picklist in Salesforce causes a breakage in the Field Dependency Matrix mapping between the Controlling Field and the Dependent Field for that Picklist Value.
After changing a Detail Product or Detail Topic Name in the Product Catalog:
- Update the matching zvod_Product_Map_vod picklist entry for the Detail Product or Detail Topic, with the new name.
- Open the Field Dependency Matrix for the Dependent Field, and toggle the affected mapped values off, then on again.
- Save the mapping to restore the connection between the Controlling Field picklist value and the Dependent field picklist values.
CRM Help Documentation:
- Customizing Product Discussions on the Call Reports
- Medical Discussions - Product Dependent Picklists
Salesforce Help documentation: