The end-user uses a custom System Administrator profile in the following scenario.
- Create a new end-user.
- Create a copy of the System Administrator profile.
- Assign the custom System Administrator profile to the end-user.
The original admin user can search the user through search dialog in my setup page. However, the new admin user cannot search the same user through search dialog in my setup page. The search result is No matches found when an admin user searches the other user through search dialog.
One reason for this problem is that the admin user does not have Modify All Data access in the Administrative Permissions field.
Grant the access to Administrative Permissions field in the following process.
- Navigate to: Setup --> Manage Users -> Users.
- Select the relevant profile.
- Navigate to: Edit --> Administrative Permissions --> Modify All Data.
- Grant access to the Modify All Data.
CRM Help Documentation: N/A