When uploading a PDF source document to Vault, users might encounter the following errors.
- There was an error during document processing
- Vault is unable to render this file
- Document Viewer is blank
There are several possible causes:
- The PDF source document is corrupt
- A particular font in the PDF file causes problems with the PDF to image engines.
To solve the problem, users can try the following three options:
- Re-render the document
1. Click the Actions Menu --> Re-render Document option.
2. Select the first option Images and/or colors are not appearing correctly in the viewer which attempts to re-render the document seen in the document viewer using a different engine.
Save it as a new PDF file with Adobe:
- Open the PDF source document in Adobe.
- Click File and Save As to save it as a new PDF file.
- Upload the new PDF file into Vault.
- Replace the viewable rendition with a flattened version:
- Use the PDF flattener application, such as https://www.sejda.com/flatten-pdf.
- Use Microsoft Print to PDF by selecting Print in Adobe Reader
1. Open the PDF source document locally in Adobe.
2. Click File --> Print.
3. For the Printer, select Microsoft Print to PDF then click Print.
4. Enter a name for the flattened version and save it.
5. Upload the flattened PDF file into Vault.
Vault Help Documentation: Troubleshooting Renditions