What are Global Account Search (GAS) and Org Wide Account Search (OWAS) in CRM?
The Classic CRM Global Account Search tool is a code baseline that Veeva customers can use to allow end-users to search for and assign any accessible Accounts to their own Territories. Customers have their unique requirements regarding this functionality.
For this reason, The Global Account Search code needs to be customized and potentially extended to meet the business requirements of each customer.
With the enablement of Enterprise Territory Management (TM 2.0), and gradual transition to Salesforce Lightning, Veeva Services no longer supports standard GAS which is superseded by the Org Wide Account Search functionality. Veeva Services continues to provide support for OWAS.
Customers have the option to either update the standard GAS code to continue using it in TM 2.0 on their own responsibility or opt-in for OWAS. Both functionalities can coexist in CRM.
As these solutions are not out-of-the-box (OOTB), they are not within the scope of Veeva Product Support. This involves changes in the code and the resulting impact on CRM.
In the event any doubt arises about finding the appropriate Veeva contact, customers are required to reach out to their Account Executive for further assistance.
Classic CRM GAS and OWAS are not to be confused with the following Veeva OOTB functionalities:
- Global Account Search (22R1 OOTB functionality)
- Veeva Align Global Account Search in Territory/Targeting Feedback
- Veeva Network Account Search (NAS)
- Veeva Global Account Browse (GAB)
- Veeva Advanced Account Search
CRM Help Documentation:
Align Help Documentation:
- Align Territory Feedback
- Using Global Account Search in Enhanced Feedback
- Using Global Account Search in Classic Feedback
- Explanation of the Veeva Account Search Functionalities of Various Veeva Products
- CRM Territory Management 2.0 FAQ, Webinar, & Gap Analysis Document
- Veeva Support Ticket Priority and Service Level Agreement (SLA)