I have XML files in my Submissions Vault that are not generating a Viewable Rendition.
Not all XML files are able to generate a Viewable Rendition in Vault. An XML file must meet certain criteria in order to generate a Viewable Rendition in Vault.
The solution is to ensure that the affected XML files meet the following requirements:
- Files must be of the Submissions Archive type
- Files must be referenced in a submission (the Where Used section should be populated)
- Files must be XML files and have the .xml file extension
- Files must reference a stylesheet in the header
- Relative path to the dtd/xsd and stylesheet must be valid
- XML file must be valid
If an XML file meets these requirements but does not generate a Viewable Rendition, please open a ticket with Support and include the following:
- Screenshots documenting the file in Vault
- Both the XML file and the util folder from the submission.
Vault Submission Archive Help Documentation: XML File Criteria
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.