What actions are followed in a database refresh in CRM Offline?
Refreshing a database performs the following actions in order:
- Pull Base Salesforce Org configuration to the Device.
- Send User Activity Logs to Online.
- Update Data model (Referred to as metadata: Object definitions, fields, picklists, etc.) to the Device.
- Sync Account-Merge history to the Device.
- Sync Offline transactions (Unprocessed xml and pending database changes) to Online.
- Download a new database to the Device.
- If there are errors, it restores the old database.
- If successful, it dumps the old database
- CLM Media performs a standard sync. It downloads any new media files and deletes any media files that no longer have a Key Message record.
- VInsights Data is synced to the Device.
- Send User Activity Log of the sync to Online
Note: There is no chance of loss of data when performing a Database Refresh. It is common for Veeva Support to suggest that a user refresh the database if:
- The user is not seeing current data offline
- The user receives errors for many months
- The user receives certain sync errors (NScocoa errors).
CRM Help Documentation: Sync Overview