How are custom Multichannel Activity Records displayed on the Account Timeline?
The following data is displayed in the expanded view for a custom Multichannel_Activity_vod record type:
- When a user has FLS permission to the Icon_vod or Color_vod fields, the expanded view of an activity displays up to the first six fields fields (excluding Name, Account_vod, Start_DateTime_vod, and RecordType) configured in the first section of the Multichannel_Activity_vod page layout for the specific record type/profile combination:
- First section
- Display Section Header configuration does not matter
- Order of the displayed fields are based on their position in the page layout.
- For a 1-column section, ordering goes from top to bottom of the single column
- For a 2-column section, ordering goes from top to bottom of the first column, then top to bottom of the second column
- First section
If Multichannel_Activity_Lines_vod records exist, and the related list is configured on the Multichannel_Activity_vod page layout for the specific record type/profile combination, the first two columns (excluding the Name field) display.
- If there are no Multichanel_Activity_Lines_vod records to display, then this section does not display.
- If the Multichannel_Activity_Lines_vod related list is not configured on the page layout, then this section does not display.
- The sort order of the records displayed is based on the sorting indicated in the related list configuration.
CRM Help Documentation: Multichannel Activities on the Account Timeline