Upon opening an Multichannel (MC) Cycle record in the Vault View of Veeva Align, the Utilization page shows zero figures and empty diagrams. In the Staffed and Reach sections, the Roster Members (Users) are indicated vacant. MC Cycle Plans may not be populated.
This is the expected behavior of the capacity planning calculation in the event the following pieces of configuration are present:
- The Daily Activity Goal field on the MC Cycle Channel record is not populated (Under the Channels section).
- The Upper and Lower Utilization threshold fields of the MC Cycle record are not populated.
- The Activity Goal field is not populated on the MC Cycle Plan record.
- The Days Off Cycle field is populated with a value which results in the Number of Valid Days to calculate to 0 or to a negative number. The Utilization page displays data based on activities that fall on Valid Days within an MC Cycle. This is the value Days in Cycle field.
- No Assignment Preview, Commit or Recalculate Territory Data were run at all on the associated (Model) Field Force.
- The newly calculated values may take a longer time to reflect in the Staffed, Reach and Utilization pages due to large data volume.
In order to include the MC Cycle in the Capacity planning perform the following:
- Populate the Daily Activity Goal, Upper and Lower Utilization threshold fields. In the event, these fields are not populated, then the MC Cycle is excluded from the capacity calculations.
- The Activity Goal field will not be calculated for MC Cycle Plans with a Planned Publish Date set before the MC Cycle Start Date. For Modeling Projects, the Planned Publish Date has to be set within the date range of the MC Cycle.
- Populate the Days Off Cycle field with a valid value to ensure to have a positive Number of Valid days. Valid days = (# of total days) - (weekend days) - (days off cycle)
- Be sure to run an Assignment Preview, Commit or Recalculate Territory Data after the corrections are made.
The Preview and Commit Success and Error result may show 0.
- Wait 1-2 minutes in the event there is a large data volume belonging to the MC Cycle. The reflection may take longer in this case.
- In the event, The MC Cycle and Territory Models are in the Feedback Review state and there is an ongoing Feedback period, then running an Assignment Preview and Commit may potentially overwrite the previous Feedback data in case Targeting Rules are in use. It is strongly recommended to run Recalculate Territory Data in this scenario which is harmless and safe.
- The population of the Daily Activity Goal field is optional in case there is only one MC Cycle Channel record. In the event, there are more MC Cycle Channels, at least one of them should have this field populated.
- In the event there is no targeting rule at all, ensure to run Recalculate Territory Data on the (Modelling) Field Force. Running the Assignment Preview and Commit - Even if there is no Targeting Rule - the (Modelling) Field Force can potentially abort indicating data-related errors. In this case, raise a Veeva Support ticket.
Align Help Documentation: