The objective of this article is to explain the purpose of these fields during Edit Goal Challenges of the Veeva Align Targeting Feedback Process. How do they work? How are they related to Recalculate Territory Data? What is their relation to the Lifecycle Changes? How do they relate to the Challenge fields of the related MultiChannel Cycle Plan (MCCP) Target?
The Feedback Activity Goal field of the MC Cycle Plan Channel or MC Cycle Plan Product object stores the value associated with the Edit Goal Challenge types. This is provided by the end-user for the particular MC Cycle Channel or MC Cycle Product on the Future Territory Alignments tab. It is stamped whenever the end-user sends this edit goal change for Manager Review in the Future Territory Alignments tab in CRM.
In turn, the value of the Challenged field of the related MC Cycle Plan Target is set to Yes (true), the value of the Challenge Type of the related MC Cycle Plan Target is Goal Edit, and the Challenge Status of the related MC Cycle Plan Target is Challenged.
Once the Manager approves this challenge on the Future Territory Alignments tab in Veeva CRM, the Challenge Status of the related MC Cycle Plan Target is Approved.
The values of the Challenge Reason, Feedback Provider, and Challenge notes of the related MC Cycle Plan Target are optional. They are populated based on the relevant actions run by the end-user in the Future Territory Alignments Tab.
If the Lifecycle state of the related Territory Model is set to Territory Feedback Complete, the values of the Feedback Activity Goal fields of already-existing MC Cycle Plan Channel and/or MC Cycle Plan Product records are automatically stamped to the Edit Activity Goal field of the MC Cycle Plan Channel and/or MC Cycle Plan Product records. This is not carried out by the Recalculate Territory Data process.
If the MC Cycle Plan Target and the MC Cycle Plan Channel and/or MC Cycle Plan Products do not exist, the end-user performs an Add Target Challenge. Both the Feedback Activity Goal and Activity Goal Edit field values are stamped right after clicking on the Save button on the Future Territory Alignment tabs page.
Only Approved Edit Goal Challenges are processed further. See the following article about Feedback Data loss scenarios: When may Veeva Align Feedback Data be Lost in the Targeting Feedback Process?
In the event, the Edit Activity Goal fields are populated (The values of these fields can be also data loaded by the customer), the Recalculate Territory Data process retrieves these values. It rolls them up and aggregates them into the Channel Activity Goal and/or Product Activity Goal fields of the MC Cycle Plan Channel and/or MC Cycle Plan Product records.
It also populates the Channel Interaction Goal, and Product Interaction Goal fields of the MC Cycle Plan Channel, and/or MC Cycle Plan Products, considering the values of the weight field of the associated MC Cycle Channel, and MC Cycle Product records. The resulting value in these fields is multiplied.
The Rollup and Aggregation process is also applied to the higher MCCP levels: Related MC Cycle Plan Targets, and MC Cycle Plans. The values are also weighted in this case in Veeva Align. The Veeva Process Scheduler MCCP Admin Process in CRM is also going to update them in CRM again, which is expected. There is no cascading process occurring back to Veeva Align. MCCP data is only pushed or adjusted from Veeva Align to Veeva CRM.
After Publishing the Modeling Project, the values of the out-of-the-box Feedback Activity Goal fields are null. Any Challenge Status = Challenged Edit Goal Challenges is ignored. See the following article about Feedback Data loss scenarios: When may Veeva Align Feedback Data be Lost in the Targeting Feedback Process?
The values of the (Team) Edit Goal Activity fields work the same way as the values of the Feedback Activity Goal fields if the challenges are approved. Their values are stored in the event the project is published and when the data is cloned into a new Modeling project. This includes the Assignment Preview and Assignment Commit process running on the new Project as well.
- The Automated Feedback Handling Global Align Setting has to be set to Yes (True) in order for this flow to work as expected. Setting it to Yes (True) is the generally recommended setting.
- In the case of Approval Rules in use, Manager Review, Approval, and Rejection are automatically handled based on the Approval Rules.
- This flow described above is also applied to team-based goals.
- The Recalculate Territory Data process is responsible for several tasks. It updates and refreshes the Future Territory Alignments tab in Veeva CRM as well as the MC Cycle Page visualizations in Veeva Align.
- The Assignment Preview and Assignment Commit perform the same tasks just as Recalculate Territory Data. However, it is recommended to use Recalculate Territory Data to update goals as running Assignment Preview and Assignment Commit can potentially overwrite Feedback Data in case Targeting Rules are in use.
- Recalculate Territory Data is not to be confused with the way the CRM Goal Editing functionality works. While the same fields are used, the roll-up and aggregation logic works differently.
- In any case, it is recommended to backup Feedback data regularly from Veeva Align.
Align Help Documentation:
- When may Veeva Align Feedback Data be Lost in the Targeting Feedback Process?
- MC Cycle Plan Interaction Goal Values of an Explicit MC Cycle Are Not Calculated in Veeva Align
- What are the Maintenance Steps of Refreshing the Veeva Align / CRM Future Territory Alignments Tab in Online and Offline Platforms
- Are New Accounts Added to a Veeva Align Maintained Cycle and Pushed to CRM?
- Which Object Records And Field Values are Necessary to Extract to Backup Veeva Align Project Feedback Data?
- What is Meant by Feedback Data Overwrite in a Veeva Align Modeling Project which Contains or does not Contain an MC Cycle?