The objective of this article is to explain the purpose of these fields during Edit Goal Challenges of the Veeva Align Targeting Feedback Process. How do they work? How are they related to Calculate Rollups? What is their relation to the Lifecycle Changes? How do they relate to the Challenge fields of the related MCCP Target?
The Feedback Activity Goal field of the MCCP Channel or MCCP Product object stores the value associated to the Edit Goal Challenge types, provided by the end-user for the particular MC Cycle Channel or MC Cycle Product on the Future Territory Alignments tab. It is stamped whenever the end-user sends this edit goal change for Manager Review in the Future Territory Alignments tab in CRM.
In turn, the value of the Challenged field of the related MCCP Target is Yes (true), the value of the Challenge Type of the related MCCP Target is Goal Edit, and the Challenge Status of the related MCCP Target is Challenged.
Once the Manager approves this challenge on the Future Territory Alignments tab in Veeva CRM, the Challenge Status of the related MCCP Target is Approved.
The values of the Challenge Reason, Feedback Provider, Challenge notes of the related MCCP Target are optional and are populated based on the relevant actions executed by the end-user in the Future Territory Alignments Tab.
In case, the Lifecycle state of the related Territory Model is set to Territory Feedback Complete, the values of the Feedback Activity Goal fields of the MCCP Channel and/or MCCP Product records are automatically stamped to the Edit Activity Goal field of the MCCP Channel and/or MCCP Product records. This is not carried out by the Calculate Rollups process.
Only Approved Edit Goal Challenges are processed in this scenario. See the following article about Feedback Data loss scenarios: When may Veeva Align Feedback Data be Lost in the Targeting Feedback Process?
In the event, the Edit Activity Goal fields are populated (The values of these fields can be also data loaded by the customer), the Calculate Rollups process retrieves these values and rolls them up, aggregates them into the Channel Activity Goal and/or Product Activity Goal fields of the MCCP Channel and/or MCCP Product records.
It also populates the Channel Interaction Goal, Product Interaction Goal fields of the MCCP Channel and/or MCCP Products, considering the values of the weight field of the associated MC Cycle Channel, MC Cycle Product records. The resulting value in these fields are multiplied.
The Rollup/Aggregation process is also applied to the higher MCCP levels: Related MCCP Targets, MC Cycle Plans. The values are also weighted in this case in Veeva Align. The Veeva Process Scheduler MCCP Admin Process in CRM is also going to update them in CRM again, which is expected. There is no cascading process occurring back to Veeva Align. MCCP data is only pushed or adjusted from Veeva Align to Veeva CRM.
After Publishing the Modeling Project, The values of the out-of-the-box Feedback Activity Goal fields is null. Any Challenge Status = Challenged Edit Goal Challenges is ignored. See the following article about Feedback Data loss scenarios: When may Veeva Align Feedback Data be Lost in the Targeting Feedback Process?
The values of the (Team) Edit Goal Activity fields work the same way as the values of the Feedback Activity Goal fields if the challenges are approved. Their values are stored, in the event, the project is published and also when the data is cloned into a new Modeling project. This includes the Assignment Preview and Assignment Commit process running on the new Project as well.
- Note #1: The Automated Feedback Handling Global Align Setting has to be set to Yes (True) in order for this flow to work as expected. Setting it to Yes (True) is the generally recommended setting.
- Note #2: In case of Approval Rules are in use, Manager Review, Approval, and Rejection are automatically handled based on the Approval Rules.
- Note #3: This flow described above is also applied to team-based goals.
- Note #4: The Calculate Rollups process is responsible for several tasks. It updates and refreshes the Future Territory Alignments tab in Veeva CRM as well as the MC Cycle Page visualizations in Veeva Align.
- Note #5: The Assignment Preview and Assignment Commit perform the same tasks just as Calculate Rollups, however it is recommended to use Calculate Rollups to update goals as running Assignment Preview and Assignment Commit can potentially overwrite Feedback Data in case Targeting Rules are in use.
- Note #6: Calculating Rollups is not to be confused with the way the CRM Goal Editing functionality works. While the same fields are used, the roll-up, aggregation logic work differently.
- Note #7: In any case, it is recommended to backup Feedback data regularly from Veeva Align.
Align Help Documentation:
- When may Veeva Align Feedback Data be Lost in the Targeting Feedback Process?
- MCCP Interaction Goal Values of an Explicit MC Cycle Are Not Calculated in Veeva Align
- What are the Maintenance Steps of Refreshing the Veeva Align / CRM Future Territory Alignments Tab in Online and Offline Platforms
- Are New Accounts Added to a Veeva Align Maintained Cycle and Pushed to CRM?
- Which Object Records And Field Values are Necessary to Extract to Backup Veeva Align Project Feedback Data?
- hat is Meant by Feedback Data Overwrite in a Veeva Align Modeling Project which Contains or does not Contain an MC Cycle?
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.