After creating a Sample Inventory Offline user receives a sync error: Sample_Inventory_Before_vod: data changed by trigger for field Owner ID: owner cannot be blank
The user is missing Edit Field Level Security (FLS) access to the Inventory For (Inventory_For_vod__c) field on the Sample Inventory object.
Provide FLS to the Inventory For field (Inventory_For_vod__c) on the Sample Inventory object to the user.
To assign Security on a Profile:
- Log into the Org as an Administrator.
- Navigate to: Setup --> Administration Setup --> Manage Users --> Profiles.
- Drill into the correct Profile.
- Scroll down to the Field Level Security (FLS) section of the Profile.
- Click View next to Sample Inventory.
- Click Edit.
- Grant Read access to the Inventory For field.
- Click Save.
- Clear the Veeva Cache.
CRM Help Documentation: Configuring Sample Inventory Order