When updating the Address Name in CRM, an error occurs: Address cannot be updated.
There are two possible reasons for this error:
- The address is locked and the user is not a System Administrator
- The address is a Controlled Address
For Locked Addresses:
- If the Locked field is set to true, only users with the Modify All Data privilege can edit the Address Line 1(Name) field or delete the record.
- If the Locked field is null, false or absent, then the trigger should do nothing. The Locked field is best left off of the Rep Maintained layouts.
- The Address trigger, preventing users to modify the Address, is VOD_ADDRESS_VOD_BEFORE. Support does not recommend changing it as it could be overwritten in future releases.
For Controlled Addresses:
- Update the Name from the Controlling Address or remove the Controlled Address information to change only that address.
CRM Help Documentation: Address Inheritance Support
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.