How to Troubleshoot Potential Multichannel Routing Issues Related to the Veeva CRM Consent Capture Related Subfunctionalities?
In the event, Multichannel Routing (MCR) record setup is incorrect, it can lead to a wide variety of issues.
The logic of the Multichannel Routing object is complex when it comes to Receipt, Consent Confirmation related functionalities.
The following practice is recommended to set up / troubleshoot Multichannel Routing records:
- In the event there are multiple MCR records, remove all of them, and keep only one. It is possible to restore them from the Recycle Bin until they are hard deleted. Records are kept in the Recycle Bin - their IsDeleted field value is set to True - for 15 days.
- Work with this one particular record and ensure that the Receipt or confirmation-related functionality - Double Opt-in and/or All Channels - work correctly on the online and offline CRM platforms.
- Once Step 2 has been verified, It is strongly recommended to set up Country-based Sharing Rules on the Multichannel Routing object, based on a custom field, which stores the Countries. Ensure to populate the values. This is to avoid visibility to MCR records with Approved Document lookup values the end-user may not have access to. This also helps to make sure to limit the number of matching MCR records based on its logic, thus ensuring more effective record maintenance.
CRM Help Documentation:
- Using Consent Confirmation Emails
- Sending Consent Capture Receipts with Approved Email
- Approved Email Receipts for Signature Transactions
- Using Double Opt-In
- Capturing Consent Using Confirmation Emails for All Channels
- How to Identify the Certain Types of Consent Capture Confirmation Level Setups in Veeva CRM?
- What is the Logic of Selecting Multichannel Routing Records Based on Languages in Veeva CRM?